THE CAMP & SET UPThe camp is situated at the top end of the Salli village on the road leading to Kareri village. The road will soon be connecting to Ghera and Naddi villages of Dharamshala in the near future. The view from the camp is panoramic. It offers sweeping view of the Khauli valley and the river with snow clad mountains to the north, spell binding sights of sunset towards the Khanol village to the west and spectacular sight of the huge reservoirs of Pong &RanjitSagar to the south.
The camp has 12 accommodation tents with all amenities for an adventure enthusiast. The imported waterproof dome tents are unique having very comfortable camping cots with pillows and blankets. One can walk into it as tents have clear 7ft clear height. The tents are large enough for a family of four also. All tents have electricity with charging points, so as to charge the cameras for the next day to capture those beautiful life time images.
Toilets & bathing tents are neat, clean and modern in a separate area keeping in mind the environment. We take pride in saving water, recycling whatever we can. Our towels are washed in cold water to launder as it takes a lot of energy to heat up water — multiply that by the number of loads, and that's a big footprint.
Being a activity oriented camp, lot of stress is laid on being outdoors. The camp offers some amazing activities such as High rope course at around 15 feet height offering net climbing, tree climbing, Burma Bridge, commando net, Mogli walk, shaking wall and commando net. The camp also offers a zip line of 250ft long. There are many other team building games available for that perfect corporate offsite and school educational activities. For the families, it will truly be bonding & quality time for the parents with their children.
5 Days/ 4 Nights
DAY 1 ARRIVE SNOW MONK CAMP
* Arrive Salli Base Camp (1850M).
* Check into camp site.
* Pine Cones collection activity - they look great after a touch of varnish as a souvenir for home
* Post lunch – walk to Salli Village and River Khauli. Tea at a local villagers house
* Visit to Usha's house - she makes lovely handicrafts from waste pine needles worth buying as a souvenir
* Experience "PAN CHAKKI" - grinding of wheat powered by gushing stream water on stones slabs like villagers used to before electricity was installed. Great Eco model worth visiting only available in the Himalaya
* Return back to the camp for evening tea
* Soup with Karoake music
* Night Trek with a torch
* Overnight at the camp
(MEALS: Lunch, Tea with Snack, Soup & Dinner)
Day 2 FULL DAY TREK IN THE DHAULADHAR HIMALAYA
Today we leave for a full day trek for an amazing experience of the mighty Dhauladhar Himalaya covering forests, meadows, streams, brooks, villages and grand snow views with packed lunch.
(MEALS: Breakfast, Lunch, Tea with Snack, Soup & Dinner)
Day 3 ADVENTURE ACTIVITIES/ SNOW MONK CAMP- BIR (100 Kms./ 3-4 Hrs)
The view from the base camp is spectacular with snow-capped peaks in the front and river Khauli flowing through their valley. The back view is even spectacular with Pong and Maharana Ranjit Singh Reservoirs visible from end to end.
* Post breakfast, we enjoy adventure activities. Being an activity-oriented camp a lot of stress is laid on being outdoors. The camp offers some amazing activities such as High rope course at around 15 feet height offering
* Burmah bridge, Commando net, Mogli walk c) After then, drive to Bir
* Check into the hotel in Bir
* Evening at leisure
* Overnight at hotel
(MEALS: BREAKFAST ONLY) Day 4 : BIR/ PARAGLIDING IN BILLING
* Have an experience of flying like a bird so near at Billing. Soar high in the sky experiencing a bird’s eye view of the world down below and yet so safe.
SHORT TANDEM FLIGHT
Duration of Flight: 18 to 25 minutes
* In the evening, you can visit Deer Park Institute, Shopping at Bir Road
* Overnight at hotel
Day 5 : DEPARTURE
* Check out from hotel & drive to your onward destination
~ END OF THE PACKAGE ~