Palampur is a hill city situated in Kangra Valley. It is a well known and was at one time a part of the Punjab kingdom. The town appeared when Dr. Jameson, Superintendent of Botanical Gardens, presented the tea gardens from Almora in 1849. The estates flourished thus did the town which turned into a focal point of the European tea domain proprietors with a special case of the popular (previous) Wah Tea Estate which was claimed by Nawab Muhammad Hayat Khan and his relatives, until 1947.Since at that point, the Kangra tea of Palampur has been known universally.
The first Prime minister of India, Pdt Nehru viaited Palampur in 1941 when it was as yet under British India. There is a Nehru Chowk in Palampur to recognize this occasion.